Friday 14 March 2008

The White Rabbit.

Last night was spent at The White Rabbit pub on Kensington Gardens,  Brighton, for a friend's birthday celebrations.  It was an evening with good company and drinks; the vodka and cranberry were sharp with just the right amount of lime.  However, I couldn't help but notice the effect of the smoking ban... still.  

I don't smoke and probably never will but have not failed to see the ban's negative effects on a night out. Conversation is disrupted by quick trips outside to have a smoke and at gigs one can hardly not notice the terrible smell of sweat and passed wind; smells much more disgusting than stale tobacco.  So what to do?  Well I think proprietors of drinking and eating establishments should invest in some good air freshener and I'll have to wait until friends succumb to the pressure of health groups to give up.  But for now I'll keep a peg on my nose, or a notional one at least.

No comments: